Monday, January 23, 2006

Good news from Janet

One of the reasons I love churches is the people you meet. Everywhere we've gone we've found people who have made our lives better and more interesting - real "keepers".

One of the special people here in Izmir is Janet Crisler. I mentioned her earlier when we toured Ephesus - she showed us around the exhibit at the museum in Selçuk of inscriptions relating to early Christian history in this part of the world. Janet has been working for years and years to establish a library in Selçuk in memory of her husband - a research library that will provide support for other scholars working in the field.

Saturday is the ceremony marking the beginning of the library's construction.

I can't be there - I'll be busy at the church - but I have to celebrate the beginning of the fulfilment of our friend's dream in this blog.

No comments: